Sunday, September 28, 2014

ARM TrustZone (Security Extension) and Virtualization Extension vs x86 Virtualization Technology

A typical virtualization system on both x86 and ARM includes three major parts:
  • CPU virtualization
  • Memory virtualization, and 
  • I/O virtualization (device, interrupt virtualization). 

Because the 3rd one above normally requires additional platform/chipset support, in this article I'm going to only talk about the first two virtualization extensions that are related only to processor architectures. I will back to the 3rd one later as another topic especially for device I/O virtualization and emulation.


<TO-BE-STARTED>


Update: 

I found there is very very good lecture about ARM Virtualization Technology from National Tsing Hua University, the link is here:
http://www.cs.nthu.edu.tw/~ychung/slides/Virtualization/VM-Lecture-7-2-Hardware%20support-ARM.pptx


No comments:

Post a Comment